I watched a video earlier that listed the top 8 reasons why I can’t share my faith. Here is a summary of it-
8. I might get beat-up. Now, that one caught me off-guard. Getting beat up? It could happen, so I went on
7. I am afraid I won’t make sense. Now, I can understand that. What if your words over-cross? So, I went on.
6. I might get made fun of. Now, that is a reason that I could most imagine happening. A kid going to tell his friends and suddenly, everybody makes fun of him. So, I went on.
5. I don’t know how to start. Now, I can imagine a lot of people doing that. “How do I start? Well, I don’t know so I guess I won’t”. Next,
4. I’ll be a bad witness. This one really caught me. I never imagined somebody as a “bad witness”. So, I thought about it and then went on.
3. I’ll say the wrong thing. Now, that one sounds like above. You say the wrong things and then you think you are a bad witness.
2. I’ll be a Religious nut. That’s what I think most of society is like. They want to be the “It Things” and the “It Things” don’t believe in God, so most just keep it silent.
Now, drum roll, the number 1 thing is…
1. I don’t know enough! That one was surprising for me. I mean, I never thought, not once, about not knowing enough about Christ to share your faith. I never thought about if somebody asks me a question and I don’t know the answer. I just never worried about that.
Now, look back at what I just told you. What do all those have in common? They are all excuses, not reasons! Now, I want you to think, are these your excuses?