Amazing Grace is a movie behind the hit song also called, Amazing Grace. It takes place in 1700’s where William Wilberforce is trying to stop slavery. He runs into some people and some problems, but he keeps on trying to stop slavery. It is a very touching movie and an even more touching song. Of the song, my favorite part is this-
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine
It says that this world and everything in it will perish and the sun will no longer shine, but God will be reigning forevermore. He will be your light in heaven. I hope you have made the decision to follow Jesus and make him the center of your life. I have. And if you haven’t, I encourage you to very, very much.
I watched a video earlier that listed the top 8 reasons why I can’t share my faith. Here is a summary of it-
8. I might get beat-up. Now, that one caught me off-guard. Getting beat up? It could happen, so I went on
7. I am afraid I won’t make sense. Now, I can understand that. What if your words over-cross? So, I went on.
6. I might get made fun of. Now, that is a reason that I could most imagine happening. A kid going to tell his friends and suddenly, everybody makes fun of him. So, I went on.
5. I don’t know how to start. Now, I can imagine a lot of people doing that. “How do I start? Well, I don’t know so I guess I won’t”. Next,
4. I’ll be a bad witness. This one really caught me. I never imagined somebody as a “bad witness”. So, I thought about it and then went on.
3. I’ll say the wrong thing. Now, that one sounds like above. You say the wrong things and then you think you are a bad witness.
2. I’ll be a Religious nut. That’s what I think most of society is like. They want to be the “It Things” and the “It Things” don’t believe in God, so most just keep it silent.
Now, drum roll, the number 1 thing is…
1. I don’t know enough! That one was surprising for me. I mean, I never thought, not once, about not knowing enough about Christ to share your faith. I never thought about if somebody asks me a question and I don’t know the answer. I just never worried about that.
Now, look back at what I just told you. What do all those have in common? They are all excuses, not reasons! Now, I want you to think, are these your excuses?
I still remember my first shower. It was a horrible experience. I was eight years old and all I had ever known was baths. Baths were neat and tidy ordeals where the water flowed in from below my head and – provided I didn’t splash too much – stayed below my head.
I found showers to be an entirely different beast. The water, rather than flowing as a solid stream that was easily visible and avoidable, sprayed out as nearly invisible and unavoidable droplets that seemed to have a magnetic attraction to my eyes.
I did not ask to be promoted from Junior Bath Taker to Junior Shower Taker, but my parents had set the date for my graduation and protesting made little difference. It didn’t help that my twin brother Alex loved showers and had taken one earlier that week.
Before I could draft my formal petition, let alone get anyone to sign it, I found myself staring up at the dreadful shower head just as a brave soul stares down the barrel of his executioner’s gun.
However, once the trigger was pulled and the shower head began rumbling and hissing, my courage melted away, and I was screaming before the first drop hit me.
You see, in my mind there was no moral difference between making your child take a shower and stripping that same child naked and locking him out of the house during a thunderstorm. It was abandonment. I wasn’t a Water Nymph. I wasn’t a shower person. I was a bath person and I was happy that way.
The funny thing is that this morning, nearly ten years later, I took a shower and didn’t think twice about it. I even purposefully let the water spray on my face! It is incredible that what then seemed to be an impossible hurdle is now part of my everyday routines.
~Brett Harris, Do Hard Things
I encourage you to read the book and become a member of their forums, which can be found www.therebelution.com
Please leave a comment if you have questions or comments about the site or join the site. We would love to know!
Also, just so you know, the picture of the girl above is not the author.:)
P.S. The pic came from here-http://www.therebelution.com/about/
The 2012 Dove (Christian Music) awards were pretty plain. I think wait, I know, they could have done better. But, the one good thing that happened was listening to Jamie Grace’s award speech. She won “New Artist Of The Year” and as she went up in tears, had an awesome speech. She listed how she “wants her dad to take her to Chick-Fil-A the next day”. It was just a awesome time listening to her speech! After that, they did some performances by Mary-Mary and Donnie Mcklurkin, but nothing beats that wonderful speech!
P.S. This awesome pic is from http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/jY6KvYBB52u/43rd+Annual+Dove+Awards+Pre+Show/mYSX0M2Fn_K/Jamie-Grace